where to buy asian pears
Where to Buy Asian Pears: A Guide for Fruit Lovers
Asian pears are a delicious and nutritious fruit that can be enjoyed fresh or cooked. They have a crisp and juicy texture, similar to an apple, but with a sweet and floral flavor, similar to a pear. Asian pears are also known as Nashi pears, Chinese pears, Korean pears, or Japanese pears.
Asian pears are rich in vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. They can help boost your immune system, lower your cholesterol, prevent constipation, and protect your cells from damage. Asian pears are also low in calories and fat, making them a great snack or dessert.
But where can you buy Asian pears? If you are looking for fresh and high-quality Asian pears, here are some options to consider:
- Raintree Nursery: This online store offers a variety of Asian pear trees that you can grow in your own backyard. You can choose from different varieties, such as Reddy Robin, Tsu Li, Kikisui, Mishirasu, Maxie, Atago, Seuri, Yoinashi, Hamese, Mount Vernon, and Korean Giant. You can also buy combination trees that have three varieties grafted on one rootstock. Raintree Nursery ships their trees across the US and provides planting and care instructions.
- Amazon: This online marketplace sells fresh Asian pears from different sellers and brands. You can buy 5-pound boxes of premium Asian pears that contain 5-7 fruits each. You can also find organic and non-GMO options. Amazon delivers their products to your doorstep and offers free shipping for some orders.
- Subarashii Kudamono: This online store specializes in Asian pears grown in Eastern Pennsylvania. They have their own orchards where they hand-grow and hand-pick their fruits. They offer different varieties of Asian pears, such as JunoSanâ¢, Niitakaâ¢, ShinLiâ¢, Lusciousâ¢, Asajuâ¢, and Hosuiâ¢. You can buy fresh fruit gift boxes that contain 6-12 Asian pears each. You can also buy dried Asian pears, Asian pear wine, Asian pear vinegar, and other products made from their fruits. Subarashii Kudamono ships their products across the US and Canada.
Asian pears are a wonderful fruit that you can enjoy all year round. Whether you want to grow your own trees or buy fresh fruits online, you have plenty of options to choose from. Try some Asian pears today and discover their amazing taste and health benefits!
How to Eat Asian Pears
Asian pears can be eaten raw or cooked, depending on your preference. Here are some tips on how to enjoy them:
- Raw: Asian pears are best eaten when they are ripe and firm. You can peel them or leave the skin on, as it is edible and contains fiber. You can slice them and eat them as they are, or add them to salads, fruit platters, cheese boards, or yogurt. You can also sprinkle some lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, or ginger on them for extra flavor.
- Cooked: Asian pears can be cooked in various ways, such as baking, roasting, poaching, grilling, or sautÃ©ing. You can use them in pies, tarts, cakes, muffins, crumbles, or jams. You can also make savory dishes with them, such as soups, stews, stir-fries, or sauces. You can pair them with meats, cheeses, nuts, spices, or herbs for a delicious meal.
How to Store Asian Pears
Asian pears can last for a long time if stored properly. Here are some tips on how to store them:
- At room temperature: Asian pears can be kept at room temperature for up to a week. They will ripen faster if placed in a paper bag with a banana or an apple. You can check their ripeness by gently pressing the neck of the fruit. If it yields slightly, it is ready to eat.
- In the refrigerator: Asian pears can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three months. They should be wrapped individually in paper towels and placed in a plastic bag or a container. They will retain their crispness and flavor better if kept cold.
- In the freezer: Asian pears can be frozen for up to a year. They should be peeled and sliced before freezing. You can toss them with some lemon juice or sugar to prevent browning. You can freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a freezer bag or a container. You can thaw them in the refrigerator or use them frozen in smoothies or desserts.