where to buy aperture magazine
Where to Buy Aperture Magazine: The Quarterly Magazine of Photography and Ideas
If you are a photography enthusiast, you might have heard of Aperture magazine, the quarterly publication that showcases the most inspiring work and the sharpest ideas in the field. Aperture magazine has been around since 1952, and it covers a wide range of topics, from contemporary art and culture, to history and criticism, to photobooks and exhibitions. Whether you are looking for new perspectives, insights, or inspiration, Aperture magazine is a must-read for anyone seriously interested in photography.
But where can you buy Aperture magazine? If you are wondering how to get your hands on the latest issue or browse the back issues archive, here are some options for you:
- The easiest way to buy Aperture magazine is to subscribe online at aperture.org/magazine. You can choose from different subscription plans, such as one year (four issues), two years (eight issues), or digital only. You can also give a gift subscription to someone who loves photography. As a subscriber, you will get access to exclusive content, discounts on books and prints, and invitations to member events.
- If you prefer to buy individual issues of Aperture magazine, you can also shop online at aperture.org/shop. You can browse by category, such as new releases, best sellers, or rare and special editions. You can also find signed prints, portfolios, and sets by some of the featured photographers. You can pay with credit card or PayPal, and enjoy free shipping on orders over $50 in the US.
- If you want to buy Aperture magazine in person, you can also visit a bookstore near you that carries it. Aperture magazine is distributed worldwide by Thames & Hudson, and you can find a list of their international sales representatives here. You can also check out some of the Aperture Photobook Club partners, which are independent bookstores that host events and programs related to photobooks and photography.
No matter how you choose to buy Aperture magazine, you will be rewarded with a rich and diverse selection of photography and ideas that will challenge and inspire you. Aperture magazine is more than just a publication; it is a community of photographers, artists, writers, and readers who share a passion for the medium. Join them today and discover the world through a different lens.
If you are curious about what Aperture magazine has to offer, here are some examples of the recent and upcoming issues:
- The Spring 2023 issue is titled “We Make Pictures in Order to Live”, and it explores how artists use photography to create transformative works that borrow and quote from their source material. The issue features fashion designer Grace Wales Bonner, filmmaker John Akomfrah, architect David Adjaye, and more.
- The Winter 2022 issue is titled “New York”, and it honors the city through photographs and essays by visionary artists and writers. The issue marks the one-year anniversary of New York’s shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and reflects on the resilience and diversity of the city.
- The Fall 2022 issue is titled “Utopia”, and it envisions a world where photography can challenge the status quo and imagine new possibilities. The issue features artists, photographers, and writers who explore themes such as environmental justice, queer futurity, Afrofuturism, and more.
As you can see, Aperture magazine is always at the forefront of photography and ideas, and it never ceases to surprise and delight its readers. If you want to join the conversation and be part of this vibrant community, don’t hesitate to buy Aperture magazine today. You won’t regret it.