Here is one example:
How to Install JasperReports Server 7.8.1 Service Pack
JasperReports Server is a powerful reporting and analytics platform that allows you to create, manage, and deliver reports and dashboards. It also supports data integration, security, and governance features.
If you are using JasperReports Server 7.8.0, you may want to upgrade to the latest Service Pack 7.8.1, which was released on October 12, 2021. This Service Pack contains security fixes and bug fixes for various issues.
However, before you apply the Service Pack, you need to make sure that your JasperReports Server build is compatible with it. Not all cumulative hotfix builds for JRS 7.8.0 are compatible with Service Pack 7.8.1.
According to the Jaspersoft Community Wiki, the following cumulative hotfix builds for JRS 7.8.0 are compatible with Service Pack 7.8.1:
- Initial JasperReports Server 7.8.0 release, build 20200811_1904
If you are using any of these builds, you can download the Service Pack 7.8.1 from the TIBCO Support Portal and follow the instructions in the readme file to apply it.
If you are using a different build of JRS 7.8.0 that is not listed above, you need to wait for a new cumulative patch that is compatible with Service Pack 7.8.1 or contact TIBCO Support for assistance.
For more information about JasperReports Server and its Service Packs, please visit the Jaspersoft website.
After you have successfully installed the Service Pack 7.8.1, you can enjoy the improved performance and security of JasperReports Server. Some of the benefits of upgrading to JRS 7.8.1 are:
- Fixed a vulnerability that could allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code on the server.
- Fixed a vulnerability that could allow an attacker to access sensitive information on the server.
- Fixed a vulnerability that could allow an attacker to bypass authentication and authorization mechanisms on the server.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the server to crash when processing large reports.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the server to display incorrect data in some charts and tables.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the server to fail to export reports in some formats.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the server to consume excessive memory and CPU resources.
- Improved the compatibility and performance of the server with various browsers, databases, and operating systems.
- Improved the user interface and usability of the server with various enhancements and fixes.
To learn more about the specific issues that were addressed in the Service Pack 7.8.1, please refer to the release notes that are included in the download package.