good place to buy glasses
How to Find a Good Place to Buy Glasses Online or In-Store
If you need a new pair of glasses, you may be wondering where to buy them. There are many options available, from online retailers to local optical stores. But how do you know which one is the best place to buy glasses for your needs and budget?
In this article, we will compare some of the best places to buy glasses online and in-store, based on factors such as price, quality, selection, convenience, and customer service. We will also give you some tips on how to choose the right frames and lenses for your vision and style.
Best Places to Buy Glasses Online
Buying glasses online can be a great way to save money and time, as well as access a wider variety of styles and brands. However, not all online glasses retailers are created equal. Here are some of the best places to buy glasses online, according to our research:
- FramesDirect.com: This site offers frames from top brands like Ray-Ban, Michael Kors, Oakley, and more for 20%-50% off the original price. They use high-quality lenses, which can cost as little as $59 for single-vision prescriptions. They also have a virtual try-on feature and a 30-day return policy.
- GlassesUSA.com: This site has hundreds of discounted glasses from designers like Coach, Prada, Versace, and more. They also offer free basic lenses with every frame purchase, free shipping and returns, and a 100% money-back guarantee. You can also use their virtual mirror feature to see how the glasses look on your face.
- Warby Parker: This site is well-known for its affordable, well-constructed, and stylish glasses and smooth customer experience. You can get a pair of glasses starting from $95 with a single-vision prescription. They also offer free home try-on for up to five frames at a time, free shipping and returns, and a one-year warranty.
Best Places to Buy Glasses In-Store
If you prefer to shop for glasses in person, you may want to visit a local optical store or a big-box retailer that offers eye care services. Here are some of the best places to buy glasses in-store, based on our research:
- Costco Optical: Costco Optical is rated as the #1 best place to buy glasses in America by Consumer Reports for in-store shopping. They offer low prices on frames and lenses, as well as free eye exams for members. They also have a wide selection of frames from brands like Kirkland Signature, Ray-Ban, Calvin Klein, and more.
- Walmart Vision Center: Walmart Vision Center is a good choice for buying designer frames at a low cost without insurance. They have frames from brands like Armani Exchange, Guess, Nike, and more. They also offer free eye exams with purchase of glasses or contacts.
- Your local independent optician: If you want more personalized service and attention, you may want to visit your local independent optician. They may have more unique and customized frames and lenses that suit your needs and preferences. They may also offer more flexible payment options and discounts.
How to Choose the Right Glasses for You
No matter where you buy your glasses, you want to make sure they fit well, look good, and correct your vision properly. Here are some tips on how to choose the right glasses for you:
- Get an updated prescription: Before you buy any glasses, you need to have an accurate prescription from an eye doctor. Your prescription may change over time, so it’s important to get it checked regularly. You can also use an online vision test service like Warby Parker’s Prescription Check app or EyeQue’s VisionCheck device to renew your prescription at home.
- Measure your pupillary distance (PD): Your PD is the distance between the centers of your pupils in millimeters. It’s used to align