Artcut 2009 win 7
How to Install and Use Artcut 2009 Software on Windows 7
Artcut 2009 is a software package for basic signs and vinyl graphics. It allows you to design, edit, and cut your own graphics using a cutting plotter. Artcut 2009 is compatible with Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, but it can also run on Windows 7 with some adjustments. In this article, we will show you how to install and use Artcut 2009 software on Windows 7.
Step 1: Install Artcut 2009 Software
To install Artcut 2009 software on Windows 7, you will need the following items:
- A CD-ROM drive or a USB flash drive
- The Artcut 2009 installation disc or the downloaded file
- The graphic disc or the downloaded file
- A cutting plotter connected to your computer
Follow these steps to install Artcut 2009 software:
- Insert the installation disc or the USB flash drive into your computer.
- Open the folder that contains the Artcut 2009 setup file and double-click on it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- When prompted, insert the graphic disc or browse to the folder that contains the graphic file and click OK.
- Wait for the installation to finish and click Finish.
Step 2: Set Up Artcut 2009 Software
To set up Artcut 2009 software on Windows 7, you will need to do the following:
- Run Artcut 2009 in compatibility mode for Windows XP
- Select the correct cutting plotter model and port
- Adjust the paper size and orientation
Follow these steps to set up Artcut 2009 software:
- Right-click on the Artcut 2009 icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- Double-click on the Artcut 2009 icon to launch the program.
- Click on Create and then click on Cut/Plot.
- Select Refine from the Manufacturers list and choose your cutting plotter model from the Models list.
- Select the port that your cutting plotter is connected to from the Port list and click OK.
- Click on File and then click on Page Setup.
- Select the paper size that matches your vinyl sheet from the Paper Size list and choose Portrait or Landscape from the Orientation list.
- Click OK to save your settings.
Step 3: Use Artcut 2009 Software
To use Artcut 2009 software on Windows 7, you can do the following:
- Create your own graphics using basic shapes, text, and clip art
- Edit your graphics using node editing, distortion, welding, and other tools
- Cut your graphics using different cutting modes, speed, and pressure settings
Follow these steps to use Artcut 2009 software:
- Click on Create and then click on Draw Object to create your own graphics using basic shapes, such as rectangles, circles, polygons, etc.
- Click on Create and then click on Text Object to add text to your graphics using any installed true type fonts.
- Click on Create and then click on Import PLT File to import graphics from CorelDRAW or CASmate programs.
- Click on Edit and then click on Node Edit to modify your graphics by adding, deleting, moving, or reshaping nodes.
- Click on Edit and then click on Distortion to distort your graphics by twisting, bending, stretching, or squeezing them.
- Click on Edit and then click on Group/Ungroup or Weld/Unweld